Mar 04 2019
Participating VPK locations: Paxton, Freeport Elem, WISE Center – DeFuniak Springs, Van R. Butler, and Mossy Head schools.
Parents MUST register students at the school the students will be attending in the Fall or Spring. Registration will be held from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm on the following dates:
v March 4 – Wise Center- DeFuniak Springs
v March 5 – Mossy Head School
v March 6 – Freeport Elementary
v March 7 – Paxton School
v March 8 – Van R. Butler Elementary (Fall VPK Registration will be at Van R Butler Elem, but the site location will be determined at a later date.)
Program dates and hours are dependent upon options offered at your school choice.
Full-Day program for 1 semester – FREE – Fall or Spring for 6 1/2 hours per day.
- Ø Fall Semester – August 2019 to December 2019
- Ø Spring Semester – January 2020 to May 2020
Full-Year Half-Day program – FREE – for 3 1/4 hours per day
For full-year, half-day students, schools will be offering Extended Child Care Services for $50.00 per week per the Walton County School District Calendar. This program offers parents the free 3.25 hours of VPK and additional hours of paid child care services.
Parents will be notified of their child’s enrollment status following the enrollment period.
Must have the following documents to register:
- VPK Child Eligibility and Enrollment Certificate from the Early Learning Coalition – Apply at the following website: https://familyservices.floridaearlylearning.com
Please allow up to 5 business days for application review/approval
- Original Birth Certificate (child’s birthday must be from 2/2/14 – 9/1/15)
- Florida School Ready Physical (less than 1 year of your child's school entry date)
- Florida Immunization Record on Form 680
- Proof of Florida Residency
For more information, call (850) 892-1111