Donated Sick Leave
- Sick Leave Donation Procedures.pdf (2.0 MBs)
- Request to use Donated Sick Leave Days - Individual.pdf (134.9 KBs)
- Request to use Donated Sick Leave Days - Caregiver.pdf (133.8 KBs)
- Request to Donate Sick Leave Hours.pdf (131.6 KBs)
COVID-19 Paid Leave 2021-22
Walton County School District will offer up to ten (10) days of paid leave to all eligible employees related to COVID-19 during the 2021-22 school year. All of the following criteria must be met to be eligible:
- Board-hired in a leave-eligible position,
- Test positive for COVID-19 or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19,
- COVID-19 paid leave may be used only for the specific duration of the quarantine period, not to exceed ten (10) days,
- Prior to the allocation of COVID-19 paid leave, the employee must submit a written note from a medical provider indicating either the employee is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 or has tested positive for COVID-19 with the date of the positive result of the test.
- COVID-19 paid leave applies only to the employee’s health conditions and does not include other reasons, such as the illness of or to provide care for children or other family members.
- Employees must submit a COVID-19 Paid Leave Request and required documentation to the Human Resources Department in order to be allocated COVID-19 paid leave within 30 days of return to work or within 30 days of September 8, 2021.
- COVID-19 paid leave availability will be retroactive to July 1, 2021.
- Required documentation must be submitted each time if an employee must quarantine due to COVID-19 symptoms or a COVID-19 positive diagnosis to the Human Resources Department within 30 days of return to work or within 30 days of September 8, 2021.
- If an employee uses all ten (10) days of the COVID-19 paid leave, the employee will be required to use accrued sick leave, compensatory time or unpaid leave.
Employees who hold more than one position may be allocated up to 80 hours of COVID-19 paid leave.